Weight Track

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Saying goodbye to a friend

Today I have decided to say goodbye to my very dear friend.

You were always there for me. Through all the sorrow and pain. Through all the good times but more importantly, the bad. You held close to my heart when I felt like an outcast. You hugged me hard when I wanted nothing more than to be alone. You were my best friend. But today, before the new year, on December 27th, I have to let you go. You will be missed, but not enough to take you back. You see, you have plagued my life as well as nourished it. You have made me different. You have held me back. You have created difficulties in my life, and the bad outweighs the good. When I was alone, you told me everything was going to be OK, but you are the reason I am alone to begin with. When shit hit the fan, you were there for me, but your support was nothing more than fuel to the fire. You have created a barrier between my heart and the world, preventing a level of love and intimacy from entering. You are a wall, the Berlin Wall, and history has repeated itself in that you must fall. I can't allow you to barricade my life from the world anymore. I'm sorry, but your love is not real. Your love is damaging, false, and painful. And through the years I have discovered this about you. I have discovered that I am not an outcast. I am not different. I am lovable and deserve only the best, but you say otherwise. You eat away at my soul, slow me down, and prevent me from obtaining my goal in a prompt manner. You are the painful fire that needs extinguishing. And I know your weakness. Your achilles heal. Your weak spot. A weapon so powerful that it will blast you away forever. A power so great that when harnessed banishes you for the rest of existance. This way your fake love will no longer enter my heart and corrupt my emmotions. Only real love can touch me now. Only intimate emmotions can penetrate my soul. And for this, I need to let you go. You are the reason I am who I am. And yet, I created you. Today I must say goodbye to you, my old friend. You are no longer welcome in my life.

Goodbye obesity.

No comments:

Post a Comment